Grandparents

Some of my fondest memories as a child involve my grandparents.  Riding my bike to their house after school.  Going swimming in their backyard on hot summer days.  Camping trips & clamming... so many sweet memories.

My kids don't live near their grandparents, which always tugs at my heart a bit, especially when I stop to think about all the day-to-day fun they are missing out on.   But when their grandma and grandpa come to visit them, oh boy, watch out.  They have a handful of days with their grandparents immersed in their world, living and breathing all the fun, chaos and laughter that rings throughout our house almost constantly.

That's exactly the feeling I had at my last photo shoot with Gram and Papa who were in Portland to visit their Grandson (and of course their daughter and son-in-law!).  These two are SO full of life.  It became very clear that Gram had more energy than the 5 of us COMBINED!  No joke.

Watching them with their Grandson reminded me of that special bond between grandparents and their grandchildren - it really is a sight to be seen.












Leave a Reply